Favorite Things

So, McGillicutty & I were taking our daily ritual walk around the neighborhood (sometimes two or more...) and the smell of laundry drying was wafting in the wind. I thought, "I really like that smell." And then I started thinking of the other smells I like and then other things I like and started making a list of my favorite things in my head. So, I decided maybe I ought to write them down in some form or another. Here is a start:

  • The smell of laundry in the wind
  • The smell of freshly cut grass
  • The sound of drying fall leaves getting crunched under my feet when I walk
  • The smell of cherry chapstick (because of childhood memories)
  • The smell of freshly baked cookies, or brownies, or any baked good for that matter!
  • A baby's toothless grin
  • Laughter
  • Sunshine
  • Beaches and water
  • Pictures
  • Blankets
  • Eating out with friends
  • Talking to family
  • Sisters
  • Neck rubs by my husband
  • Music
  • Church

I know there are lots of other things I could put on this list and it could go on and on, but these are the ones I thought about the other day.

Categories:

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    kids laughing is the BEST sound...it always makes me smile even when I am in a bad mood!

  2. Kelly says:

    I totally love the smell of laundry, too. I don't like DOING the laundry, mind you, but the smell is wonderful.