Baby and Life

Thought I would give a little update in pictures. We are doing well and continue to adjust to life with two kids now. Baby is now 6 weeks old and we are enjoying him more and more. He is over 10 pounds now and has grown over an inch already. For starting out small, he is now in the 75% for weight and height. Thankfully he still has a small head, 25%. He started smiling a little last week...the smiles make it all worthwhile!

Baby at 2 weeks

Big brother had a long day one day without a nap (much to the chagrin of his mother!) and finally crashed after he ate some cereal for dinner! I was doing something else in the other room, realized how quiet it was all of a sudden, turned around and this is what I saw! I decided to let him sleep in his highchair for about 30 minutes so he would be a little happier and so would I!



Dad and baby at 2 weeks old


3 weeks old


Ahh, the start of summer! One hot day we broke out the blowup pool and stuck it in the yard. McGillicutty had a grand ole time for most of the afternoon!






Big brother asks to hold the baby everyday now and is so sweet with him. He gives hugs, tries to help pat his back to burp him, gives him his pacifier, and shares his toys.
4 weeks old



One beautiful day at the duck pond! McGillicutty has discovered that he can bite his cheeks and lips with his teeth now and goes around making this face all the time! I think it's adorable!





5 weeks old


A favorite daddy-son activity: washing the car.

Memorial Day at Mom and Dad's house



I think this picture is so sweet with Grandma and baby.
My sweet niece - I love this picture of her!

My handsome brother!

First popsicle - he wouldn't put it down or take it out of his mouth until it was gone. He sucked on it the whole time, too. He didn't want to take a bite. We couldn't believe his lips didn't fall off from freezing!


New cousins - My sister had her baby 3 weeks after our little squirt. Here they are at 2 weeks and 5 weeks old.

6 weeks old





Categories:

7 Responses so far.

  1. He's a masterpiece for sure. Beautiful pics. What a cutie pie!

  2. Kim H. says:

    he is so cute! And J's baby has so much hair I love it! Glad you are doing good. I will call soon.

  3. blkris says:

    Ohhh!! I miss you guys!! I want to be there too!! Glad to hear things are going well and you are adjusting to life with two kiddos. He is adorable and little G is not so little anymore! I want to kiss little squirt's bald head like I used to with G. Love you!! Thanks for the birthday call. Sorry I missed you!

  4. Leah says:

    I love all the photos! Sure wish I could be there too. We have the exact same outfit as in your last photo. I'll have to take some pictures of Nate in the outfit.

  5. Wow, he's really grown and is just adorable. They both are. And the niece and brother, too. I can't wait to meet the kids, and you!

  6. Anonymous says:

    Little Squirt is absolutely adorable. And G is so cute too. Thanks for posting recent pics. The kids are growing so fast! And...C's little cousin looks a lot like him!

  7. I love your pictures. Such a handsome family.