Funny things
I need to document some of the funny things McGillicutty has said and done lately:
The other day he came up to me and said "des what? (guess what)" over and over until I said, "what?" Then he said, " Mommy loves you! And Daddy loves you, too!" I agreed, of course!
His sentences have improved dramatically over the last month so that now he is putting together multiple phrases. He started with 5-6 word sentences about 4 months ago. Now an example of one he said the otther day: "I want to go bye-bye to Andrew's house and play with Heter's (Peter) trucks." I was amazed so I wrote it down as soon as he said it.
He is starting to say prayers now randomly by himself. Occasionally, he will help us say them by saying a word or two. One morning last week when I was getting ready for the day, he walked in with his eyes half closed saying, "Hevwee (Heavenly) Father, thank for mommy and daddy and baby. Amen." Then he opened his eyes and looked to me for approval with a big smile!
He is also starting to recognize numbers and letters. At the end of July, he had some little number and letter stickers spread out on the floor. All of a sudden he got excited and said, "number 5!" I looked, and sure enough it was! Then he pointed out letters I, J, M, W, and L. He is getting to be so big!

what a great job!
Wow! That is awesome! I don't think Pres. could point those out! Way to go!!