Little Squirt

Our newest addition to the family, affectionately known as Squirt, arrived on April 17, 2009 at 8:01 am after mom woke up at 3 am with contractions that wouldn't quit. After 5 hours of labor, our little 6 lb 7 oz, 20.5 inch long little man made his entrance "sunny side up", causing mom to have back labor, AGAIN! So far, he has been a ray of sunshine though. He is so calm and content and only cries when he is hungry or messes his diaper. I definitely needed a calm baby when I'm dealing with an almost 2 year old all day. Big brother has been pretty good with him. He has only hit him once, has asked to hold him a couple times, and for the most part is very gentle. When the baby cries and I have to feed him, big brother starts crying and says, "No, baby, no baby, no baby..." and gets upset until I hold him as well. Otherwise, life is as it should be: no sleep, bags under the eyes, always hungry from breastfeeding and dishes continually in the sink. Although, my mom was a HUGE help last week and came out every day to help take care of the kids, make dinners, and clean house. Thanks Mom! Thanks to everyone for your well wishes. If you don't know his name yet, send me an email or message on Facebook and I'll write you back. Just don't want to post it here.

10 days old

4 days old


Proud Grandma

First ride in the carseat - leaving the hospital


He has had some jaundice and had to be under the phototherapy lights for a day and a half while in the hospital.

First family photo 4/17/09 - can you tell there's a baby in all that wrapping???



Proud Daddy

Minutes after he was born


1 week old



Proud mom with 2 boys. First time big brother held baby.

Giving hugs.

Catching some sun with grandma.

Categories:

9 Responses so far.

  1. blkris says:

    Soooo cute!! I have the cutest little nephews! Hope things are going well and that you are able to get some sleep. Wish I were there to give the little ones some love and you some time away. Miss you and love you!! CONGRATS!

  2. {lex} says:

    Very, very cute. He is so perfect. Congrats! We can't wait to see him soon.

  3. Kim H. says:

    He is small! Or maybe the big guy is just getting big. Oh, and tell your mom her hair looks great!

  4. Kelly says:

    He is so adorable! Almost makes me want another one. Almost... ;-)

  5. tiki_lady says:

    he is so sweet congrats!

  6. Congrats Amy and Kendall. Your little Squirt is adorable and so tiny. Can't wait to meet him.

  7. Janna says:

    Good lookin' kiddo -- congratulations!

  8. He's so beautiful. . . I mean, rugged and handsome. I think it looks like he'll be good at fixing things, too! Congrats! I can't wait to meet you all this fall! xoxoxo

  9. Shari says:

    He is beautiful! Fits just right if your beautiful family!

    Congratulations!